Sunday, November 3, 2013

WWE 2K14




I'm really not big on new video games because of this whole idea that you have to pay $60 for the game itself and then buy all this downloadable content later. Forget all that, I'll just save my money in case they release a complete edition later on with all the DLC.

This is the first game to be released by 2K Sports after THQ filed bankruptcy, but I don't want to speculate how that will affect gamplay because you never really know until you've played it. With that said, I will admit that the roster does have me interested. I don't care for multiple versions of Undertaker or HHH, but it is kinda cool to see Ultimate Warrior and "Macho Man" Randy Savage in the game.

I have to be honest though, the ENTIRE reason I have any interest in the game is because of the nWo. I believe the last time they appeared in a game was WWE Smackdown! Shut Your Mouth. I see "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, X-pac, The Giant, Curt Hennig, "Madness" Macho Man, and "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner! This is the biggest nWo roster I've seen since the WCW days and the first time Scott Hall's been in a WWE game in a LONG time.

My only complaint is Kevin Nash's powerbomb will probably look like this:



Which looks unchanged since Shut Your Mouth. I think Nash's powerbomb should look more relaxed like he's doing it with ease. Just picks people up high and releases them. Check out this tribute video to his Jackknife Powerbomb:



Even in the old WWF clips, he doesn't pick them all the way up into a vertical sitting position on his shoulders, he just releases them and lets them drop. I know that's just a minor complaint, I think people have complaints about current wrestlers not being on the roster. Multiple versions of Undertaker and HHH is unnecessary, I would've liked to see new wrestlers in place of those, but I do think it's awesome to have all these legends that haven't been in the games for awhile.

Here is the full roster for 2K14: http://www.wwe.com/inside/2k/wwe-2k14/wwe-2k14-full-roster-revealed-26149996

Anyone who has the game, let me know how it is in the comments!