Monday, January 28, 2013

Most Anticipated Movies of 2013


I'm going to try and make a quick post of films coming out this year that I'm really looking forward to. I'll try my best to go at them chronologically, so this can be sort of a checklist for me too when I decide to do movie reviews later.



A Good Day to Die Hard - Feb 14, 2013


While there are already some movies out that I want to see, such as Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D, Gangster Squad, and Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters. Another sequel to the Die Hard franchise is slated for a release on Valentine's Day (perfect for single guys like myself who don't have to spend their money on flowers and chocolate!)  While most people are put off by the fact that there is ANOTHER sequel to the Die Hard franchise, I have to admit that I am just a little bit excited. I think they realize that people are questioning the legitimacy of Bruce Willis as an action hero (which is probably why they wrote his son into the story!) but that also probably means they won't take such a serious tone with the movie. (I'm sure filled with a ton of "old man" jokes) Sometimes I really enjoy these kinds of movies because they're almost like a exploitation film or B-movie but with the budget of a Hollywood blockbuster. I'm not expecting the next big action film to come from the Die Hard franchise, but I am just as giddy for this as I am for Hansel & Gretel.


G.I. Joe: Retaliation - Mar 29, 2013


I, for one, LOVED the first G.I. Joe movie. I'm sure a lot of hardcore fans were a little disappointed, but what can ya do? Haters gonna hate. I thought the first G.I. Joe movie, despite all the bad CGI, was a fun-filled, action-packed ride for everyone. You had guns shooting, stuff blowing up, ninja fights, chick fights, along with a few laughs here and there. I don't understand why this movie was getting some bad press, perhaps because of the aforementioned CGI, but I found the movie to be really entertaining overall. Ridiculous, but very entertaining. I hope this sequel will be just as over-the-top with the action, kinda like The A-Team was, and my hopes are already high with The Rock holding a huge machine gun in the picture above. Sounds like fun to me! Oh, and guess who also pops up in this trailer...


Evil Dead - Apr 12, 2013

This is definitely something I'm covering more on my other blog but I'm definitely excited for the remake. Looks like it's going to be a lot darker and I love the fact that no CGI will be used, it's all practical effects. I'm definitely excited for this one!

Iron Man 3 - May 3, 2013


I hear that the enemy is going to be The Mandarin and that they're going to attack Tony Stark in his personal life. I've also seen stills of what appears to be a new War Machine armor that's painted like the American flag. I really enjoyed the first two movies, and I'm a total sucker for comic book movies anyway, so I'm pretty sure I'll end up watching this one. 


Star Trek Into Darkness - May 17, 2013


I have to admit, I am in NO way a Trekkie. I hadn't even seen an episode of Star Trek until after I saw the reboot by J.J. Abrams. I have to admit, it was a really fun movie and was an easy lead into a series that I was very timid about. This sequel comes from the same director as the first and I have to admit that I regret not watching the first one in theaters when I had the chance. I won't make that mistake twice!


Man of Steel - Jun 14, 2013


I've written about this movie before and I am definitely excited to see what they do with Superman now. I always felt like DC invested most of their efforts into either Superman or Batman, without much spotlight on their other heroes. Either way, I've enjoyed every Superman movie I've seen no matter how ridiculous the story. I will watch this one just the same to see what happens. Like I said before, I'm a sucker for comic book movies.


Kick Ass 2 - Jun 28, 2013


This sequel sees the Red Mist become the main villain. In the wake of the events in the first movie, others have decided to don a mask and go fight crime. The Red Mist assumes a new identity and captures the group of newbie crime fighters. Now, only Hit Girl and Kick Ass are left to save the day! I enjoyed the first one so I'll probably be seeing this one too.

Pacific Rim - July 12, 2013


This is a movie that I've been following for awhile and I've written about this film on more than one occasion. This is probably the most anticipated movie of the YEAR for me. Giant Mechs throwing down with a bunch of Kaiju?! With Guillermo Del Toro as the director, I have really high hopes for this movie and I'm very excited to see how it turns out!

The Wolverine - July 26, 2013


I've also written about this movie in one of my previous posts but I'm also looking forward to this one too. This sequel to the Wolverine spin-off has Logan in Japan where he falls in love and must face the adversity of her family. Opposed to their relationship, their family uses their Yakuza ties to try and break the two apart. Silver Samurai is said to make an appearance.

Elysium - Aug 9, 2013


Only recently caught wind of this movie but I'm a total sucker for anything set in the future. I really enjoyed Matt Damon in the Bourne movies, so I assume a futuristic "Bourne in Space" film is going to be right up in my alley. Definitely looking forward to this one now but can't seem to find a trailer. I'll be keeping an eye out for this one.

Those of my most anticipated films for this year. I left off a couple horror movies because I felt like those would go on my other blog. I also left out some comic book movies that I didn't have enough information on but there's going to be another 300, Thor, and Sin City coming out this year. I'm probably going to end up watching them all, but these are the movies that I've heard the most about and am most excited to see.