Monday, July 23, 2012

Batman: Dead End

As much as I wanted to go watch The Dark Knight Rises this past weekend, I'm not really big on having to fight the crowds or line up early just so I can get into the movie theater. The way I see it, as a movie reviewer, if the theaters are THAT packed for the movie... then people have either seen it already or they can hop on Google and find a million other reviews of the movie. So I'm not in any big hurry to watch it because it will be just as good a couple weeks later once everyone's seen it already.

With that in mind though, I still wanted to do something Batman related. I considered re-watching some of the old Batman films but then I stumbled across an image that reminded me of a fan film I saw a few years back. This was the image:


And what it reminded me of was a fan film that debuted at San Diego Comic-Con back in 2003. I saw it on the internet a couple years later and how well it was made totally blew my MIND. Supposedly filmed on a budget of $30,000 somewhere in North Hollywood by Sandy Collora of Collora Studios, this is without a doubt one of the greatest fan films I've ever seen. Hands down. (and fists up!)



For those of you who don't know, Batman has previously fought both Aliens and Predators in the comics so that might explain why he's not surprised when they show up. All in all, this is one of the best fan films ever made. Kevin Smith calls it "possibly the truest, best Batman movie ever made". Enough said.